[Taxacom] [Fwd: New Field Guide resource]

jwhitfie at life.uiuc.edu jwhitfie at life.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:26:24 CST 2008

Somehow the forwarded message, including the website intormation, was cut
out of my last message on Taxacom. Here it is:

Subject: New Field Guide resource
From:    dcschmid at life.uiuc.edu
Date:    Wed, January 30, 2008 11:14 am
To:      sols at life.uiuc.edu

Hello everyone,

You may remember that a year or so ago I sent out a message saying that I
was working on a database listing field guides from around the world.  I'm
pleased to report that the U of I News Bureau just sent out a news item on
the database.  If you need or use field guides please take a look, and as
always send suggestions for guides to add!

Diane Schmidt
Biology Librarian

Today's News From the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Jan. 29, 2008

U. OF I. LIBRARIAN LAUNCHES COMPREHENSIVE WEB DATABASE OF FIELD GUIDES
Diane Schmidt, the biology librarian at the U. of I. has built and
launched the most complete database of field guides to date. The
International Field Guides Web Site merges Schmidt’s own book, “A
Guide to Field Guides: Identifying the Natural History of North
America” (Libraries Unlimited, 1999), and its companion Web site,
International Field Guides, plus 2,000 new titles.
http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/08/0129fieldguides.html

Visit the News Bureau for more news.