[Taxacom] Definition of Checklist

David Remsen dremsen at gbif.org
Tue Feb 12 13:45:20 CST 2008

This is a wonderful response.  The Chris Thompson paper worked for me so
Doug should give it another try.

Anna,  I really like your list of attributes.  These are exactly the sort
of distinctions we need to think about in coming up with a good metadata
profile for describing checklist data.  With such a breadth of context and
content coverage within similarly structured sets of data it will help
immensely to document the scope and qualities of the resource so you know
just what aspects are reliable.

I like the distinction of a catalogue from a checklist.  All of this is
helping me immensely.  Thank you for this and any other insights.

David Remsen