[Taxacom] Definition of Checklist

Arthur Chapman taxacom3 at achapman.org
Tue Feb 12 15:38:53 CST 2008

I am not sure about egolists, but birders also have use 'checklists'
that don't include geographic regions - for example a checklist of
nectar seeking birds.  But then is this really a list rather than a
checklist?

I did a search on Google for "Checklist and Plant" - the first result
has a list of plants and attributes, none of which include geographic
attributes
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/dpi/vro/wimregn.nsf/pages/natres_veg_mp_checklist?OpenDocument

Perhaps we need a matrix that people can tick - with a list of
attributes such as Anna's down the page, and a list of categories across
the page - such as checklist; catalogue; nomenclature; index;
flora/fauna; monograph etc.

Perhaps after a little more discussion here to get the two sets of
categories for the matrix, put it on survey monkey and get people to
tick which they think is relevant for each.  This is easy to do.

Cheers

Arthur
Australian Biodiversity Information Services
Toowoomba, Australia