[Taxacom] Family names, usage.

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Wed Feb 20 10:19:05 CST 2008

At 09:53 AM 2/20/2008, Richard Zander wrote:
>Legislating usage is doomed. Some editors are insisting on plural verbs
>with family names. Editors determine usage. Period.

Exactly.  And as long as none of them insist I change all my plural verbs
to singular, I care not what others do.  As long as I can be "right," the
others are free to be "wrong" if they so desire.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu