[Taxacom] Family names, usage.

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Wed Feb 20 10:47:21 CST 2008

At 10:40 AM 2/20/2008, Spies, Martin wrote:
>Thomas G. Lammers wrote:
>
>>And as long as none of them insist I change all my plural verbs to
>>singular, I care not what others do.  As long as I can be "right," the
>>others are free to be "wrong" if they so desire.
>Looks like the tired old tactic of deriding the other person when you've
>run out of arguments.
>None of the contributors who've happened to come in on what you perceive
>as the other side on this issue fit the bill you just tried to present
>them with.

"Deriding"???   Actually, I meant it as a conciliatory post, hence the
quotes around right and wrong, to indicate a bit of jocularity.  I will
rephrase for clarity: as long as I can do it as I please, I shan't worry
what others do.  Live and let live.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu