[Taxacom] Family names, usage.

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Wed Feb 20 19:31:30 CST 2008

I usta hafta teach English grammar.  Mike is right.
Even the manuals for Microsoft have, "This data is...".

I will quit trying to promote This datum is, and these
data are, when I see, "These datas are...".

I suggest you consult The Careful Write: a Modern
Guide to English Usage, by Theodore M. Bernstein.
See "Data" on pages 130 and 131.

Robin