[Taxacom] Fwd: Collaborative taxonomy

Cynthia Sims Parr csparr at umd.edu
Thu Feb 21 08:19:34 CST 2008

Henrik,

For the LepTree project (which is more phylogeny than taxonomy) I have
begun tracking a number of measures of collaboration and data sharing
among lepidopterists. As you mentioned, I started with an analysis of
co-authorship patterns using our bibliographic database. I am also
tracking registrations and activity on our project website:
http://www.leptree.net (number of discussions, comments, pages posted,
etc). I will be summarizing this for a manuscript soon, but feel free to
email me offlist for preliminary results.

Cyndy Parr

Cynthia Sims Parr, Ph.D.
Asst Res. Scientist, HCIL and Adj. Faculty, BEES
2117E Hornbake Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~csparr