[Taxacom] Removing specimens from Carbon Tape

Kipling (Kip) W. Will kiplingw at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 25 11:11:26 CST 2008

I have a beetle specimen stuck down to carbon tape for taking SEM
images. It is not sputter coated. I would like to remove the specimen
and was told that acetone was not a good solvent for this purpose. Does
anyone have experience removing specimens from SEM stubs that can
suggest a good solvent that is likely to allow me to recover this
valuable specimen?

--
Kipling W. Will
Associate Professor/Insect Systematist

mail to:
137 Mulford Hall
ESPM Dept.- Organisms & Environment Div.
University of California
Berkeley, California 94720

phone 510-642-4296
fax 510-643-5438