[Taxacom] digital

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at alumni.wesleyan.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:29:55 CST 2008

On Wed, February 27, 2008 2:51 pm, Richard Zander wrote:
> Check out the Cyberguys web site where they sell a $85.00 slide
> converter that works in 5 secs. My Nikon Coolscan takes forever. Don't
> know what the quality of the Cyberguys instrument is, but for $85.00 why
> not try it out.

It'll depend on what you want out of the scans, though.  This one is 5
megapixels, which isn't bad (although 5 seconds still sounds suspicuously
fast).  I too have sat through a ponderous 5 minutes per slide on a Nikon,
and then another 10 minutes of tweaking - but then the resulting image is
20 megapixels, and that's still not up to the full resolution of the slide
itself.

Karl
Karl Magnacca
Postdoctoral Researcher