[Taxacom] EoL and Slashdot

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:26:00 CST 2008

The recent numerous slashdot comments on EoL:
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/27/0113253
and the previous
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/08/226230
make interesting reading in terms on a different community's
impression/opinion of what we do and how we do it.

Frank, take no prisoners, sometimes naive and often not entirely
complimentary, you know your site is being commented when it is being
slashdotted:

"images don't have alt tags, but also there are tables used for layout
(with many empty rows/cols for no apparent reason) and there are image
maps. The site uses an XHTML doctype, but isn't valid XHTML. There are
missing slashes for closing single tags. The divs for the popups are
contained outside the body tags, that's NOT ALLOWED!"

and the delightfully geek:

"For a moment I actually read that as "end of line".org. Maybe I
should go get a life?"

Just hope and pray slashdot never finds the taxacom archives... :)

jim

--
Jim Croft
jim.croft at gmail.com