[Taxacom] Identification Needed: Fruit from a Pacific island

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.co.nz
Thu Jan 10 02:32:09 CST 2008

>>> Diana Horton <diana-horton at uiowa.edu> 09/01/08 7:30 AM  wrote>>>
I am looking for someone who might be able to identify a fruit
collected on a Pacific island circa 1940s.  I can provide an image.

Intriguing question. I wonder if it is still edible? But as a Pacific island inhabitant, I feel obliged to murmur quietly that there are more than a few Pacific Islands (some 20,000 to 30,000) and that the bounds of the Pacific Ocean permitting the growth of fruit include a sizeable part of the planet.  Perhaps a more precise geographic designation would be useful in this instance?

Geoff