[Taxacom] AMNH, spiders, and LSIDs

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Jan 14 07:04:59 CST 2008

Thanks, Norm -- Glad to hear you're on the case!  I have a tiy bit of
experience/understanding in setting up LSID resolvers, and that continues to
grow. I learned basically everything I know about it from Kevin Richards,
and I am using code created by him written in MS VB.NET; so he is clearly in
a better position than I for responding (as are others in the context of
other platforms).  Kevin and I drafted some documents to help people
implement LSID resolvers, and I believe those resources (and others) are
available online (though I don't have the URLs handy).  Best place to start
would be http://www.tdwg.org/activities/guid/.

In any case, though I am clearly not the most knowledgable person (by any
stretch), I would certainly be willing to assist your programmers in any way
I can (my scope of insight, shallow though it is, is limited to IIS and
VB.NET implementations).

Aloha,
Rich