[Taxacom] Biodiversity Collections Index

Alastair Culham a.culham at reading.ac.uk
Wed Jan 16 08:49:28 CST 2008

Dear Roger,

Congratulations on the launch of your new project. On the plant side, will
this incorporate Index Herbariorum with its information on special
collections, scientific expertise etc, or will herbaria have to register an
interest in each separately?  Obviously the ability to extract and use the
Index Herbariorum data in your database will give your project a good kick
start and deal with most (nearly all) herbarium collections.  Obviously the
idea of herbaria having to update each system separately is not time
effective.

Alastair Culham