[Taxacom] open access to sytematics not yet...

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Thu Jan 17 05:30:11 CST 2008

FYI

"Nature Publishing Group has introduced a Creative Commons licence for
articles in scientific journal Nature that publish the primary sequence of
an organism's genome."

http://www.iwr.co.uk/information-world-review/news/2206833/nature-makes-geno
me-chain-3721333

In the year of the 250th anniversary of Sytema Naturae, our goal ought to be
to get all our publishers together to agree to release all the descriptions,
if not all the publications including descriptions with a creative commons
licence. The loss of species is fundamental to our welfare, and thus at
equally important as our genes.

Donat

Dr. Donat Agosti

Science Consultant

Research Associate, American Museum of Natural History and Naturmuseum der
Burgergemeinde Bern

Email: agosti at amnh.org

Web:  <http://antbase.org/> http://antbase.org

Blog:  <http://biodivcontext.blogspot.com/>