[Taxacom] bodiversity informatica

Weitzman, Anna WEITZMAN at si.edu
Mon Jan 28 22:10:32 CST 2008

Hi Mark,
While I am not the manager of this or any listserv, I am going to chime in as a long-time subscriber to this and other listservs.  There is a biodiversity informatics listserv--TDWG (the listserv of the Biodiversity Information Standards organization).  The subscribers to taxacom have a wide variety of interests that overlap with many listservs, including TDWG and many taxon-specific & other listservs.  Thus, some biodiversity informatics messages that are likely to be of interest to a wider audience than TDWG are also put on taxacom (my guess is that most TDWG readers also read taxacom, but not vice versa).  I don't think that most taxacom subscribers want to see all biodiversity informatics messages, so I suggest you consider using TDWG for your purposes.

Cheers,
Anna

Anna L. Weitzman, PhD
Botanical and Biodiversity Informatics Research
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution

office: 202.633.0846
mobile: 202.415.4684