[Taxacom] bodiversity informatica

Weitzman, Anna WEITZMAN at si.edu
Tue Jan 29 08:33:14 CST 2008

Perhaps I was not clear.  I am not saying that parts of what is going on in biodiversity informatics are not of interest to most taxacom members--those kinds of conversations should and do happen on taxacom quite frequently.  Informaticists absolutely need to hear taxonomists' points of view (and those of more than Rich Pyle, myself and several others). However, the more technical points of how we implement taxonomic bioinformatics are probably not (in fact, over the last several threads that started on taxacom have migrated to TDWG to explore the more technical aspects).

Or perhaps all taxacom readers are also readers (and members) of TDWG and we should combine the lists. ;-)

Anna

Anna L. Weitzman, PhD
Botanical and Biodiversity Informatics Research
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution

office: 202.633.0846
mobile: 202.415.4684