[Taxacom] Linnaeus' first insect = wrong question

David Shorthouse dshorthouse at eol.org
Tue Jan 29 09:41:50 CST 2008

Chris,

Indeed, it was a dumbly phrased question because there was no context. I
wasn't interested in the "first" insect to be described...they are all
"firsts" by definition...and nor am I interested in telling stories to the
public (at this stage). Rather, I was interested in the first insect to
appear on the pages in Systema naturae because I want to come up with a
clever though somewhat obtuse name for a piece of work.

Thanks,

David P. Shorthouse
Encyclopedia of Life - WorkBench
Woods Hole, MA