[Taxacom] Software Developer, Specify Software Project, Univ. of Kansas, The Good Life

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:18:12 CDT 2008

The Specify Software Project (http://www.specifysoftware.org) is hunting
for a Java software developer. Specify is used world-wide for the
management of biological collections data, our imminent,
all-but-shipped, platform is a Java client, and we have extreme plans
for global, open-source, software collaboration.

Required qualifications include: a B. S. or B. A. in computer science or
related field, 1 year professional programming experience with Java and
relational database systems and SQL, demonstrated knowledge and skill in
object-oriented design, understanding of HTML, XML, CSS, XSLT, SOAP,
experience in team collaboration. For complete position description and
application procedures visit https://jobs.ku.edu position #00206898.

Review of applications begins 1 August 08.

The University of Kansas is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer.

We celebrate diversity in all life forms.

The workplace is located in Dyche Hall on the University campus within
an open-office Informatics Department which includes a high-energy,
friendly, smart, good-looking, and experienced group of several software
engineers, associated technical staff and students. The Biodiversity
Institute is a healthy, dynamic, nourishing intellectual environment
which values creativity, professional growth and collaborative
interaction. The University of Kansas offers an excellent benefits
package. Parking will cost you.

Lawrence Kansas is a progressive university town with a full complement
of cultural, intellectual, athletic and spiritual options. Far from the
traffic jams and maddening crowds of the U.S. east or west coast,
average commute times are measured in seconds, biking, bike-talk and
bike-envy are encouraged.  Lawrence has an award winning micro-brewery,
and amazingly good French, Japanese, Indian, Italian and Thai
restaurants, as well as other satisfying regional and international
dining options.  The local music scene is renown and Lawrence is the
home of the annual Wakarusa music festival (http://www.wakarusa.com).
Well we are not Edinburgh in August, perhaps someday...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence,_Kansas

http://www.larryville.com/

http://www.visitlawrence.com/

James H. Beach