[Taxacom] taxon wikipedia type resources

Roger Hyam rogerhyam at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 13:39:55 CDT 2008

I was wondering if anyone could help me find some examples of taxonomy
web sites that will accept contributions from general users in the
style of wikipedia/wikispecies. To qualify they must allow anyone to
register and contribute. Contributions must appear live, as part of
the data without going through an editorial process. Sites that only
allow users to comment or upload their own data don't really count. I
am looking for collaborative works. The sites could cover any kind of
taxonomic related information - not just actual taxa

I am wondering why I don't come across such site in my work.

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Roger