[Taxacom] taxon wikipedia type resources

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Tue Jul 29 00:38:38 CDT 2008

Hi Roger,

My question would be, what is the scope of such potential
"collaboration", and how is it different from (on one hand) a mailing
list where people can ask or answer questions of a taxonomic nature, (on
another) data integration sites such as NBN, GBIF, OBIS etc., to which
contributors can upload their own data, and (on the third hand -
aliens/mutants only) wikipedia/wikispecies? (Although in principle the
latter is for citations to existing work, not publication of original
information).

I would agree with Paddy that if you can provide a compelling enough
answer to the first question, then EOL is a good potential home for
whatever is possibly required, since a single one stop shop is in
principle better than many...

- Tony Rees