[Taxacom] taxon wikipedia type resources

Robert Huber rhuber at wdc-mare.org
Tue Jul 29 14:08:21 CDT 2008

Hi Roger,

I heard that paleodb (http://www.paleodb.org) could motivate hundreds of
paleontologists to provide data but I don't know exactly how the procedure
there is..
I don't know if  helps ... I offered user registration + contributions
without restrictions for TaxonConcept which was not accepted by users, I had
many registrants, but almost nobody did (or could ;)) enter data:
http://stratigraphynet.blogspot.com/2008/03/end-of-sandbox.html.

best regards,
Robert

2008/7/28 Roger Hyam <rogerhyam at mac.com>

> I was wondering if anyone could help me find some examples of taxonomy
> web sites that will accept contributions from general users in the
> style of wikipedia/wikispecies. To qualify they must allow anyone to
> register and contribute. Contributions must appear live, as part of
> the data without going through an editorial process. Sites that only
> allow users to comment or upload their own data don't really count. I
> am looking for collaborative works. The sites could cover any kind of
> taxonomic related information - not just actual taxa
>
> I am wondering why I don't come across such site in my work.
>
> Many thanks for your thoughts,
>
> Roger

Dr. Robert Huber,

WDC-MARE / PANGAEA - www.pangaea.de
Stratigraphy.net - www.stratigraphy.net
MARUM - Institute for Marine Environmental Sciences (location)
University Bremen
Leobener Strasse
POP 330 440
28359 Bremen
Phone ++49 421 218-65593, Fax ++49 421 218-65505
e-mail rhuber at wdc-mare.org