[Taxacom] lectotypification?

michele.rodda at libero.it michele.rodda at libero.it
Wed Jul 30 11:16:00 CDT 2008

Dear all,
I am a PhD student from the University of Torino, Italy. This is my
first message. I hope my question will be appropriate for this group.
I have
been dealing with the Taxonomic placement of some Hoya species whose protologue
cites a field number, but not the herbarium where the type had been deposited.
These names, having been published between 1906 and 1913 are valid. As the
field number cited in the protologue is not written on one specimen only but on
all the duplicates as well, is there the need to designate a lectotype?

Kind
regards, Michele Rodda