July 2008 Archives by thread
Starting: Tue Jul 1 01:48:08 CDT 2008
Ending: Thu Jul 31 16:33:58 CDT 2008
- [Taxacom] Wrongly named by scientists
- [Taxacom] Language tags for scientific names
- [Taxacom] help identify FL cultivated plant
- [Taxacom] Goode Base Map of Southcentral Asia
- [Taxacom] EDIT Joint Research Grants – funding for common work.
- [Taxacom] Please distribute: Announcing 2009 Session of Natural History Collections Management Training Program
- [Taxacom] 0pen access handbook
- [Taxacom] Sperm whale scientific name - catodon or macrocephalus?
Tony.Rees at csiro.au
- [Taxacom] Job opportunity at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: IT Incident Management Team Leader (Science Applications)
- [Taxacom] Bird Collection Manager Position - Alaska Collection Manager: Birds University of Alaska Museum The University of Alaska Museum of the North is seeking qualified applicants for a position as Collection Manager in the Department of Ornithology. The University of Alaska Museum (UAM) houses the definitive collection of birds from northwesternmost North America and also includes important holdings from major relevant wintering areas. Located in a region that has never had a formal biological survey, this collection has tripled in size during the past decade to about 25,000 specimens; it is an exciting time to be a specimen-based ornithologist. The Collection Manager is responsible for the daily management and development of the Bird Collection, which includes the multiple preparation types typical of modern collections. Duties include all aspects of collection growth and management, such as permitting, collecting expeditions, specimen acquisition and preparation, cat! aloguing and databasing, maintenance, loans, public inquiries and tours, purchasing and budget management, supervision of students and volunteers, and managing the use of the collection. The Collection Manager will assist the Curator in writing proposals and reports of collections-based activities and will also promote the Collection through public outreach, exhibits, reports, and presentations at meetings when appropriate. Minimum qualifications include an advanced degree in an appropriate discipline and experience in specimen-based ornithology (including museum experience), specimen collection and preparation, formal communications on specimen-based science, and data management. The UA Museum is housed in a newly expanded and renovated building on the campus of the University of Alaska Fairbanks, just south of the Arctic Circle in Interior Alaska. More information can be found www.uaf.edu/museum/ and www.uaf.edu/museum/bird/. Fairbanks has ready access to incredible out! door opportunities, and as the second largest population center in Ala
- [Taxacom] Hennigian Term?
- [Taxacom] summary of herbarium related, open workshops/discussion sessions at Bot2008]
- [Taxacom] Job opportunity at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - Developer (Science Applications)
- [Taxacom] Job opportunity at ETI BioInformatics: Experienced Software Engineer Internet Applications
- [Taxacom] Tree identification
singhg at sify.com
- [Taxacom] Taxacom Digest, Vol 28, Issue 12
- [Taxacom] new / old one coleoptera group
Vratislav Ricardo Bejsak Colloredo Mansfeld
- [Taxacom] Tree identification (GURCHARAN SINGH)
- [Taxacom] VertNet Software Engineer, Biodiversity Institute, Univ of Kansas
Beach, James H
- [Taxacom] Software Developer, Specify Software Project, Univ. of Kansas, The Good Life
Beach, James H
- [Taxacom] Identification status
- [Taxacom] Advanced Masters level course in Systematic Biology
- [Taxacom] Congress "Island Evolution 150 Years After Darwin" (pre-announcement)
- [Taxacom] Rhipiphoridae
- [Taxacom] Postdoc position for research on Schoenus (Cyperaceae): Closes 28 July 2008
- [Taxacom] Analyst Programmer position available at University of Florida
- [Taxacom] Chris Thompson's email address?
- [Taxacom] [mel_e] Coleoptera Group
- [Taxacom] Job Opening: Plant Taxonomist
- [Taxacom] Nematinae samples
- [Taxacom] FW: symposium 250 years of Zoological Nomenclature
- [Taxacom] Call for Abstracts for TDWG 2008
- [Taxacom] Fwd: Ph.D. position in plant hybridization
- [Taxacom] taxon wikipedia type resources
- [Taxacom] PhD-position in Frankfurt, Germany
- [Taxacom] iSpecies automated tagging
- [Taxacom] PhD position in Frankfurt, Germany
- [Taxacom] lectotypification?
michele.rodda at libero.it
- [Taxacom] "Why would you waste your time editing Wikipedia?"
- [Taxacom] time spent reviewing descriptions
- [Taxacom] valid characters in scientific names?
- [Taxacom] Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre: 2 PhD positions
- [Taxacom] Fwd: Invertebrate postdoctoral opportunity
Last message date:
Thu Jul 31 16:33:58 CDT 2008
Archived on: Wed Nov 2 12:57:59 CDT 2016
This archive was generated by
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition).