[Taxacom] EDIT Expert-in-Training programme

Gael Lancelot lancelot at mnhn.fr
Tue Jun 3 09:14:56 CDT 2008

Dear members and friends of EDIT,

Training the next generation of taxonomists is perhaps the greatest
challenge we are facing now. From molecule to muscle structure, from
ethnobotany to palaeontology, our discipline relies on skills that are
painstakingly learned in the field or the lab. To enable the
transmission of these skills, EDIT has developed its first
Expert-in-Training programme.

For the year 2008-2009, EDIT provides a limited number of short-term
traineeships for graduate students and early career researchers working
in the field of taxonomy and affiliated to an EDIT institution. In
addition, EDIT proposes a list of 22 training courses, covering most
areas of methodology and biodiversity.

More information can be found at
http://www.e-taxonomy.eu/page.php?optim=ExpertinTraining, or by
contacting directly Isa.Vandevelde at naturalsciences.be.