[Taxacom] Towards a consensus higher classification of organisms (was: List of Orders of the world), misspellings, etc...

B.J.Tindall bti at dsmz.de
Thu Jun 12 04:20:49 CDT 2008

...and I hope that real benchmark lists of
formally registered names, like the system in use
in prokaryote nomenclature won't get swamped by
those sites that uncritically just hoover in anything on the web.....
Brian

At 10:06 12.06.08, Penny Greenslade wrote:
>I hope any such list will not follow Parker (ed.)'s "Synopsis and
>Classification of Living Organisms" (publ. 1982) too closely as that book
>left out a whole (abundant and widespread) Class of organisms, the Collembola.
>
>Penelope Greenslade
>
>At 01:14 PM 12/06/2008 +1000, Tony.Rees at csiro.au wrote:
> >Parker
> >(ed.)'s "Synopsis and Classification of Living Organisms" (publ. 1982),
>
>Penelope Greenslade
>Division of Botany and Zoology
>Australian National University
>GPO Box
>Australian Capital Territory 0200
>Australia
>Telephone 61 (0) 2 6125 0774
>Faximile    61 (0)2 6125 5573

Dr.B.J.Tindall
DSMZ-Deutsche Sammlung von Mikro-
organismen und Zellkulturen GmbH
Inhoffenstra├če 7B
38124 Braunschweig
Germany
Tel. ++49 531-2616-224
Fax  ++49 531-2616-418
http://www.dsmz.de
Director: Prof. Dr. Erko Stackebrandt
Local court: Braunschweig HRB 2570
Chairman of the management board: MR Dr. Axel Kollatschny

DSMZ - A member of the Leibniz Association (WGL)