[Taxacom] Towards a consensus higher classification oforganisms (was: List of Orders of the world), misspellings, etc...

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Thu Jun 12 08:09:41 CDT 2008

The Catalogue of Life may not be error free but for the fungi it certainly doesn't contain horrors at phylum level such as Deuteromycota, Mitosporic Fungi, Mycophycophyta, Phycomycetes, Proteobacteria (?). Incidentally, if one navigates down from Basidiomycota to Cantharellales there is no Cantharellaceae at family level although this is where the genus Cantharellus is placed based on a genus search - perhaps a bug in the 'Interim' system.

Paul