[Taxacom] Platanus and Acer but none

singhg at sify.com singhg at sify.com
Tue Jun 17 16:22:19 CDT 2008

Thanks Mr Meacham and Mr Taylor: You nailed Liquidambar styracifolia correctly. I am seeing this tree for the first time, although I have read about it a lot.

   I will soon upload photographs of more plants to help me in identifying these.

Gurcharan

 meacham at berkeley.edu:

> My guess is that it is Liquidambar styraciflua (American Sweetgum) which

is native to the warmer eastern US and is commonly cultivated as a street

tree here in California.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Sweetgum

Chris Meacham

Berkeley Phylogenomics Group