[Taxacom] Platanus and Acer but none

Frederick W Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Tue Jun 17 17:32:22 CDT 2008

meacham at berkeley.edu wrote:
> My guess is that it is Liquidambar styraciflua (American Sweetgum) which
> is native to the warmer eastern US and is commonly cultivated as a street
> tree here in California.
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Sweetgum

* in the context of the recent discussion of the reliability of
Wikipedia, the one fact I know about Liquidambar: that it occurs -- or
at least hisdtorically occurred -- in extreme SE Connecticut, is missing
from this Wikipedia page.
http://plants.usda.gov/java/county?state_name=Connecticut&statefips=09&symbol=LIST2

fred.