[Taxacom] accepted names using the uBio web services?

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Wed Jun 18 03:11:07 CDT 2008

for the fungi there are the name services at
http://www.indexfungorum.org/IXFWebService/Fungus.asmx - Index Fungorum
(the nomenclator) is linked to Species Fungorum (the checklist) which
contributes to the CoL.

I guess until 'we' (GBIF, EoL, uBio, other name/species providers (Index
Fungorum, ZooBank, CoL etc, etc)) get the GNA/GNI (global names
architecture/index) up and populated and running there is no 'one stop
shop' for this information and I have to confess I sometime google when
I need to find a name.

Cheers,

Paul