[Taxacom] Chinese new species -help needed -Ming BAI

Ming BAI (IZAS) scarabaeoidea at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 18 20:00:16 CDT 2008

Dear Mr./Mrs.,

I am sorry for the cross post. I am Ming BAI, a scarab researcher from
Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Our group is preparing
a database and a volume of book on the information of insect type
specimens collected from China. We have collected most of the information
from Chinese journal, monographs, which have been online partly. In
Chinese, English version will coming soon.
http://zd1.brim.ac.cn/insect_newspeciessrch.asp
http://monkey.ioz.ac.cn/division/informe.html
http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Cajetano-41664-JILiqiang-Animal-Species-DatabaseofChina-Database-China-Contents-Inventory-anima-Education-ppt-powerpoint/

We also publish several volumes of books on this. Now we are prepparing
another volume and will be contributed to the database, which will cover
the insect new species in the journal or monographs which published
outside of China. Although we have searched a lot of references, we are
afraid that we can not cover all needed information. If you or someone you
known have published new species which collected from China, could you
send me the paper in PDF? If it is possible, could you forward this post
to the proper people. Thank you in advance.

If your publication is not avaiable in PDF version, you can send me the
hard copy or reprint to the following address.

Ming BAI
Box 92, Institute of Zoology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Datun Road, Chaoyang District
Beijing 100101
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
Tel: 86-10-64807239

Any informations or advices will be much appreciated.

cheers,

Ming

Ming BAI

Box 92, Institute of Zoology