[Taxacom] Towards a consensus higher classification oforganisms(was: List of Orders of the world), misspellings, etc...

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Mon Jun 23 07:37:11 CDT 2008

not sure that smart is a good word when much of IPNI, useful source that
it is, is not much advanced from where it was when it was created in
terms of de-duplication, standardized spellings of generic names, linked
homotypic names ...

however, when I comes to mycologist ... and before you say we only have
about one third of the number of names to deal compared to botanists I
hope I do not need to point out that for each mycologist there are
probably 25 botanists ... we do have a largely de-duplicated
nomenclator, standardized spellings of generic names, mostly linked
homotypic names ...

OK, I getting off my soap box.

Paul