[Taxacom] Towards a consensus higher classificationoforganisms(was: List of Orders of the world), misspellings, etc...

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Mon Jun 23 18:24:42 CDT 2008

we scan at fairly high resolution to TIFFs but batch process down to JPG at about 100k for faster rendering in the browser. TIFFs can be OCR'd later - Omnipage can batch process - and almost certainly TIFFs can also be batch processed to PDF. I supposed that some publishers might release low resolution (and thus not easily OCRable) jpg from their digitizing efforts which could be useful as human readable JPGs (I the context referred to below) very rapidly. Anyone like to take this idea up with JSTOR?

Paul