Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Jun 27 11:12:54 CDT 2008

In message <006f01c8d856$76e55ff0$2b4c4451 at magnifica2>, Paul van
Rijckevorsel <dipteryx at freeler.nl> writes

I feel that the problem is with your perception, not the argument.

>If it is not the purpose of language markup to indicate different
>languages why have language markup at all?

Where did I say that "it is not the purpose of language markup to
indicate different languages"?

>Why then have a
 >
>instead of leaving it to the reader to resolve the ambiguity?

Because those are different languages; not an ambiguity within one
language.

--
Andy Mabbett