Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 11:37:56 CDT 2008

Andy Mabbett wrote:

> become retrospectively added to a language, such as the many garden
> plants (like "Acer palmatum") lacking vernacular names, and so commonly
> referred to by their scientific names, in everyday English, by people
> who wouldn't recognise them as biological taxa.

That is one reason I would like to be able to express the following
Representation for human consumption for a Taxon Object :
 <Representation>
    <Label xml:lang="en">Acer palmatum</Label>
    <Label xml:lang="de">F├Ącher-Ahorn</Label>
    <Label xml:lang="zxx-taxon">Acer palmatum</Label>
 </Representation>

Gregor