Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 11:38:28 CDT 2008

On 2008-06-28 08:36, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> I'm not being "dismissive", readily or otherwise; I'm giving a
> /considered/ opinion.

And then went on to say

> Though I've yet to meet a fluent speaker of ICBN or ICZN. Perhaps you
> could point me to a guide outlining the differences in their
> pronunciations?

Perhaps "dismissive" means something different on this side of the pond.

But I'll play along and take this as a serious comment rather than a
flippancy. Pronunciation is only one of the things that distinguish
languages, and I'm not sure it's either necessary or sufficient.

As far as "fluency", you'll hardly find a higher concentration than at
Taxacom.