Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 16:23:02 CDT 2008

On 2008-06-28 12:12, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> You're quite right. What verbs are used in, say ICBN?

"Publish", for example. Although pronounced the same as in English, its
meaning is different. You may scoff, but talk to a student trying to
learn ICBN first.

>> As far as "fluency", you'll hardly find a higher concentration than at
>> Taxacom.
>
> OK. Please translate your previous post into ICBN.

Translate it into Klingon. Or Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, for that matter. Not every
language is suitable to every task.

Rather than continue to debate whether the variants of Latin introduced
by the different codes are or are not languages, please explain what you
find so objectionable about the proposal to subdivide a scientific-name
language tag?