Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Sun Jun 29 02:53:26 CDT 2008

From: "Curtis Clark" <jcclark-lists at earthlink.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:11 PM

> On 2008-06-28 10:40, Paul van Rijckevorsel wrote:
>> Actually they do follow Latin grammar,

> Only internally, and they are always in the nominative, lest we eat
> corned Bovem taurum and Brassicam oleraceam while we sit beneath the
> Querco robusto.

***
The point is clear, but it is only extremely limited, as these names are
used in an English sentence and the English language does not decline nouns
and adjectives, so it would be really, really strange to make an exception
for those parts that are 'in Latin'.

Imagine what would happen if we started to decline (and conjugate) African,
Australian aboriginal, Chinese names, etc according to their native grammar
depending on their position in an English sentence ... !

Paul

Also not all parts of names are in the nominative: parts are in the
genitive, and verbs are allowed.