Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 11:28:35 CDT 2008

In message <4867A4F5.9020401 at earthlink.net>, Curtis Clark
<jcclark-lists at earthlink.net> writes

>Certainly in my new role as manager of an IT shop, I'm always faced
>with temporary kludges that were never fixed. And in this case, the
>person-hours needed to language-tag scientific names, and then later
>convert the markup to use GUIDs, might be better spent.

That fact that you think your time, in your circumstances, might be
better spent, does not mean that I think my time spent marking up
taxonomic names with a language code would not be well spent.

In other words: by all means object to proposals if you think that they
are logically flawed, but please don't do so because you don't think
you'll use them.

--
Andy Mabbett