Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 11:46:22 CDT 2008

In message <5ebbead70806290203q61a3ff82sb30b424dc876393 at mail.gmail.com>,
Gregor Hagedorn <g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com> writes

>From the responses so far, with only Andy and Thomas supporting the
>proposal (thanks!) it seems we will have to go for a private solution
>(zxx-x-scitax) instead. I would have liked to support Andy in
>attempting to register either a tag or subtag, but this has no chance
>of success without wider support from the community.

While you're right that wider community support is desirable, I think
it's far too soon (four days; two of them on a weekend) to assume that
such support will not be forthcoming; especially as only ten people have
commented at all.

Besides, of the people who have commented in this thread (and while the
details, and particularly the granularity, remain to be resolved; and
there is clearly confusion as to the scope, and purpose of the proposal)
at least six offer support:

        Adolf Ceska
        Curtis Clark
        Gregor Hagedorn
        Donald Hobern
        Thomas Lammers
        Andy Mabbett
        Paul van Rijckevorsel

with only three who seem to be against, neutral, making alternative
proposals, or otherwise not clearly supporting:

        Arthur Chapman
        Jim Croft
        Robert Huber

I'm sure folks will soon let us know if I've not interpreted their views
correctly! ;-)

--
Andy Mabbett