Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 29 14:10:55 CDT 2008

On 2008-06-29 09:28, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> That fact that you think your time, in your circumstances, might be
> better spent, does not mean that I think my time spent marking up
> taxonomic names with a language code would not be well spent.

Oh, I've wasted my time on plenty of things (arguably, I'm wasting it
now). My concern is with the time of people who work for me
(metaphorically--none of the people who work for me currently would tag
scientific names; they're more likely to do hCard). I know I'm out of
the mainstream for thinking that wasting employees' time is a bad thing,
but there you have it.

> In other words: by all means object to proposals if you think that they
> are logically flawed, but please don't do so because you don't think
> you'll use them.

I can still support something like zxx-sci, if for no other reason than
to keep people from tagging them as Latin. Everything else is
accomplished with the truly forward-thinking ideas set forth by Jim and
Rich.