Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 29 17:38:55 CDT 2008

On 2008-06-29 13:24, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the "forward-thinking ideas" which
> would resolve the selling and pronunciation issues in HTML-marked-up
> prose.

I assume you mean spelling; you seem to be the only one selling anything
here. Please review the thread: A number of us (including me at one
time) suggested ways of extending a language tag to encompass additional
data beyond the fact of it being (or even purporting to be) a scientific
name. I have come to realize (through Jim's posts, not your own) that
this is overloading, and that a simple language tag has the benefit of
being useful even for fictitious scientific names.

Although I am inclined toward a language tag, please don't count my
support until you have a proposal for review.