Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Sun Jun 29 18:31:43 CDT 2008

Curtis Clark wrote:

"> Imagine what would happen if we started to decline (and conjugate)
African,
> Australian aboriginal, Chinese names, etc according to their native
grammar
> depending on their position in an English sentence ... !

Good point."

Actuallly, Chinese is no problem. Nouns aren't declined for either
gender or number. And verbs aren't declined for time. Apart from the
difficulties many people have with tonal pronunciation, Chinese is a
relatively simple language, yet highly expressive. Some bits have even
gone straight into English as transliterations, e.g.

Long time no see
Hao jiu bu jian
--
Dr Robert Mesibov