[Taxacom] Nuttall's species at PH, holotypes vs. lectotypes?

Alina Freire-Fierro freirefierro at acnatsci.org
Mon Jun 30 09:30:09 CDT 2008

Mr. Koibeatu,

I am sorry you had to spend your time and energy reading my post. I sent it
to the group because I wanted to know what other more experienced botanical
taxonomists recommended. In the future, I might request help to my
nomenclatural questions to colleagues out of the group.

Dear all,

Many thanks for the suggestions/recommendations about my question. Although
I have published several taxonomic works, I wanted to know what other
colleagues thought about this situation. I hope your suggestions/information
will be useful to other colleagues as well.

I have contacted the institutions that according to TL-2 have duplicates of
Nuttall specimens. Depending on the information we gather from them we might
make the lectotypfications or publish a small note regarding the holotypes
(so the work that Alicia and I have been doing is not repeated again in the
future).

Many thanks again and best wishes,

Alina.

******
Alina Freire-Fierro
Collection Manager
PH Herbarium, Botany Department
Academy of Natural Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1151
U.S.A.
*
freirefierro at ansp.org
Tel: 1-215-299-1157; Fax: 1-215-299-1028
http://www.ansp.org/research/biodiv/botany/index.php
http://www.mbgpress.info/index.php?task=id&id=90148