[Taxacom] quote of the week

murrellze murrellze at appstate.edu
Thu Mar 20 11:17:18 CDT 2008

Below are a few issues that have been difficult for me.  Any
clarification would be helpful.

Is a homology a concept or a hypothesis?

If we polarize two characters states (using outgroup analysis), is that
polarization a hypothesis?

Is the phylogenetic tree derived in a parsimony analysis a hypothesis, a
model, or a concept?

Thanks.

Zack Murrell