[Taxacom] suspension of visitor, loans, and enquires services at NHM (Dept. Botany)

Peter Stafford P.Stafford at nhm.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 06:43:59 CST 2008

Important notice - suspension of visitor services, loan and imaging
requests, and enquiries service at the NHM (Dept. of Botany).

The Department of Botany is currently preparing to relocate all of its
flowering plant collections to a new building. This is expected to take
some considerable time and cause inevitable disruption to services.

We therefore advise that from 1st January 2009 we will be closed to
visitors for a period of 12 months. As previously advised, we will also
regrettably be unable to honour loan or imaging requests for flowering
plant specimens during this time (those for ferns, bryophytes, diatoms
and lichens remain unaffected), or respond to e-mail, telephone, postal
and other enquiries (except where these relate specifically to our
bluebells distribution project). We may be able to provide some digital
images for very urgent requests with tight deadlines, e.g. PhD projects.
Also, there may be some disruption to services in the Cryptogamic
herbarium - prospective visitors should check with us before arranging a
visit).

We apologise for any inconvenience these measures may cause and thank
you in advance for your patience.

Dr Peter Stafford,
Curation Division (Flowering Plants)
c/o Department of Botany,