[Taxacom] Origin of New Caledonian Biogeography

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Tue Nov 18 11:09:31 CST 2008

Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. My comments are inserted below.

> bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] On Behalf Of Robert Huber

> Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Origin of New Caledonian Biogeography

> Just to conclude and clarify: It seems as if you believe in the
> conclusions
> of this paper while I am not convinced.

Yes, and I have no problem with your not being 'convinced' - that's
certainly up to each individual.

> Btw. I did read this paper in
> enough detail to find these two short sentences on climate on page
472.

Good - I just wanted to make it clear that those issues were addressed.

> And I promise: I will never join discussions on panbiogeography again
> unless
> I can provide some peer reviewed and published arguments ;)

OK, although I was only saying that I would be interested to see any
publication that supported your view.

John Grehan