[Taxacom] Origin of New Caledonian Biogeography

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Nov 18 13:42:11 CST 2008

>>> On 19/11/2008 at 4:45 a.m., "Robert Huber" <rhuber at wdc-mare.org> wrote:
> And I promise: I will never join discussions on panbiogeography again
unless
> I can provide some peer reviewed and published arguments ;)

Actually, apart from the title, the word panbiogeography hardly appears
(twice in the conclusions), and the word track never appears. So its
relevance is obscure.

I struggled to believe after failing to concur with the author's Method
statement that 'It was observed that the lizard disjunction in New
Caledonia (Fig. 1A) follows a major geological structure, the sillon or
furow.'  And the word 'follow' just doesn't hack it as a useful technical
term.

Geoff