[Taxacom] Locality name in Sri Lanka - Kanthalla

Dilrukshan Wijesinghe dpwijesinghe at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 15:49:32 CST 2008

J. W. Yerbury did much of his collecting (Diptera, Arachnida) in Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) around Trincomalee. The locality label almost certainly refers to Kantalai, sometimes spelt Kantale (Trincomalee District, Eastern Province), town and man-made lake (Kantalai Tank), on the Habarana-Trincomalee road, approximately 35 km from Trincomalee town as the crow flies. Coordinates according to Google Maps 8° 22' 6" North, 81° 1' 41" East.

Priyantha

D. P. Wijesinghe
dpwijesinghe at yahoo.com