[Taxacom] Evolutionary info from non-monophyly

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 05:20:06 CST 2008

"I would suggest that characters, like beauty, are in the eye of the
beholder and therefore have no special significance in the decision
regarding rank" was an equally good quote from the same post by
Bernard.

The association of 'characters' and 'beauty' is so obvious and so real
I am surprised we have not drawn the comparison more often.  Like some
beauty, some striking characters are not all that meaningful, and like
true beauty, some good characters may not always be in-your-face
obvious...

jim