[Taxacom] Evolutionary info from non-monophyly

SKÁLA Zdeněk skala at incoma.cz
Mon Nov 24 05:34:46 CST 2008

This has been discussed (even here in Taxacom) *so* much and repeatedly that a pointer to archive mails seems to be only relevant response.

To summarize very briefly:

- even in monophyletic ranked names you classify character information - there is no other way to distinguish between named and unnamed clades.
(nota bene: this makes the main objection towards acceptance of paraphyletic taxa invalid).

Best to all.

Zdenek

Zdenek Skala
skala at incoma.cz